The College of Arts and Sciences recognizes the value of faculty development through travel opportunities that include attending conferences, workshops, meetings, and professional symposiums. Travel Grants are designed to help facilitate travel for faculty development or recognition at conferences or conventions and may be used for travel related to faculty research, creative activity, teaching, or outreach development. The College will place the travel funds in an operating account within the respective departments for dissemination to the faculty members who are selected. Recipients have one year to spend the grant.
Travel Grant awards are not expected to exceed $1000.
Majority vote by the College of Art and Sciences Awards Committee with preference given to faculty who provide evidence the travel grant will specifically enhance scholarship and in general benefit the faculty, department, and college.
Criteria for selection:
- Support of research, creative activity, teaching, or outreach
- Recognition for excellence at a major conference (e.g invited speaker) is helpful but not required
- Tenured or Tenure Track or College Track faculty are eligible to apply
- “Meets Expectations” or higher in all areas on latest Department Head evaluation
- Previous recipients must wait two intervening academic years to reapply. For example: an award winner in academic year (fall or spring) 2014-15 may not apply until academic year (fall or spring) 2017-18.
Application deadline and notification:
- Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM, Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Travel Grant recipients will be announced in April 2017
AFTER YOU SUBMIT A NOMINATION PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO JIM MURPHY at firstname.lastname@example.org and within the body of the email indicate that you have submitted a Travel Grant application. Thanks.