In appreciation for the dedication and accomplishments of our faculty members, the College of Arts and Sciences has established Outstanding Faculty Achievement Awards. The purpose of these awards is to reward and recognize those who have demonstrated excellence in Scholarship/Research/Creative Activities, Teaching, and Service/Outreach in accordance to the mission of New Mexico State University.
Outstanding Achievement in Teaching $1500
- Evidence of outstanding teaching that is supported by, but also extends beyond student evaluations
- Substantive achievement may include but is not limited to: curriculum development, new or innovative pedagogy, mentoring, development, or enhancement of student learning through technology
Eligibility: THIS AWARD IS SELECTED THROUGH A NOMINATION PROCESS. A DEPARTMENT HEAD OR FACULTY MEMBER MAY NOMINATE A FACULTY MEMBER FOR THIS AWARD. THE APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE COLLECTED AND SUBMITTED BY THE NOMINATOR TO THE AWARDS COMMITTEE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
- All Faculty
- Meets expectations or higher in all areas on latest Annual Performance Report
- Eiligible to repeat after 2 academic years
- Majority vote by the College of Arts and Sciences Awards Committee
- Nominations will be accepted through 11:59 PM, Monday, April 3rd, 2017
- Recipients will be announced during April 2017.
After you submit a nomination, please send an email to JIM MURPHY at firstname.lastname@example.org and within the body of the email indicate the name of your nominee and this Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award program. Thanks.