In appreciation for the dedication and accomplishments of our faculty members, the College of Arts and Sciences has established Outstanding Faculty Achievement Awards. The purpose of these awards is to reward and recognize those who have demonstrated excellence in Scholarship/Research/Creative Activities, Teaching, and Outreach in accordance to the mission of New Mexico State University.
Outstanding Achievement in Outreach ($1500)
- Effort in the broader community that enriches quality of life
- Achievements in outreach may include but are not limited to: solving persistent social or educational problems, developing innovative solutions to social injustice, preserving cultural heritage or relate critical important areas of awareness (e.g. climatic change, energy, etc.) to the general public.
Eligibility: THIS AWARD IS SELECTED THROUGH A NOMINATION PROCESS. A DEPARTMENT HEAD OR FACULTY MEMBER MAY NOMINATE A FACULTY MEMBER FOR THIS AWARD. THE APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE COLLECTED AND SUBMITTED BY THE NOMINATOR TO THE AWARDS COMMITTEE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
- All Faculty
- Eligible to repeat after 2 academic years
- Meets expectations or higher in all areas on latest Annual Performance Report
- Majority vote by the College of Arts and Sciences Awards Committee with preference to applicants who demonstrate program or social impact.
- Nominations will be accepted through 11:59 PM, Monday, April 3rd, 2017
- Recipients will be announced during April 2017.