The S.P. Manasse and Margaret Manasse Scholar will be awarded to a faculty member in the College of Arts and Sciences for support of research, teaching, and/or service/outreach. One Manasse Scholar will be selected each spring. The award is in the amount of $10,000 and the recipient will have 2 years to spend the funds. The money may be used to support any special project in research, service/outreach, or teaching. The Manasse Scholar will be selected by the College of Arts and Sciences Awards Committee based upon the following criteria outlined in the endowment.
The recipient of this award shall:
- Be an eminent scholar whose record and reputation comports with being named the recipient of this award
- Be actively engaged in scholarship, teaching, and/or service/outreach
- Have made significant contributions to scholarship and/or education in his/her chosen area
- Brings excellence to his/her chosen discipline
- Provides leadership to faculty and students through scholarship or exemplary academic teaching and classroom rigor.
Application Process –
Applications are open to all faculty members.
The applicant must submit a description of the special project, teaching, or creative activity, a current CV, and any other relevant supporting materials.
- Applications will be accepted through March 11, 2013
- Recipient will be announced March 15, 2013