The College of Arts and Sciences Ambassador Program
Ambassadors are student volunteers who serve the College as special assistants representing the broader community of Arts and Sciences. They assist with on or off-campus recruiting events, serve as hosts during special events such as awards ceremonies, and assist with college alumni events. Ambassadors may also be called upon to represent the college at social functions; to help plan and execute social functions; to serve as special events facilitators; and to serve as hosts to potential students or donors.
The Arts and Sciences Student Ambassadors is a group of student volunteers with a positive attitude and a sincere desire to help others. They promote the College of Arts and Sciences to the region, community and the greater NMSU campus through service.
- Ambassadors must be full-time students in the College of Arts and Sciences and have successfully completed at least one semester of coursework in order to attain an understanding of the College.
- All Ambassadors must maintain a 3.0 GPA and attend regularly scheduled monthly meetings.
- Students may remain in the program until their graduation as long as they maintain “good standing” status at New Mexico State University and in the Ambassador program.
- The membership must comprise of at least one representative from the four major areas of the College: Fine Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Sciences. The College of Arts and Sciences Student Ambassador Program will function with no less than 10 members and no more than 18.
- New members will be selected by the membership committee and voted on by the membership during the April meeting.
Application Deadline: March 13, 2015