New Mexico State University
College of Arts and Sciences
Breland Hall Room 163, P. O. Box 30001 MSC 3335
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Phone: 575-646-7441 Fax: 575-646-6096
GRADUATE STUDENT TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION FORM
The College of Arts and Sciences will provide competitive travel awards for graduate students to attend conferences, meetings, or workshops. Awards may range from $500 to $1,000. It is important to note that this award may not necessarily cover a student's complete expenses. Students may apply for additional support from the Graduate Student Council, the Graduate School, ASNMSU, or their departments.
In their applications, graduate students should discuss:
- The name, date, and importance of conference
- How the student will benefit from attendance
- The nature of the student's presentation and whether the student was invited to present, exhibit or perform at the meeting.
All College of Arts and Sciences graduate students are eligible including graduate students who wish to attend international meetings.
In terms of criteria, students:
- MUST provide documentation showing that her/his work or performance has been accepted for presentation.
- MUST use fund only for travel-related expenses, not for the preparation of presentation or performances. Conference registration is a permissible expense.
- MUST submit a basic budget in the application clearly estimating and discussing travel expenses.