NMSU Homecoming 2019 ‘Sweet Home NMSU’
October 3 @ 8:00 am - October 5 @ 5:00 pm
The Distinguished Alumni awardee from the College of Arts and Sciences is Dr. Srini Kankanahalli, a ’91 Ph.D. graduate in Computer Science and the co-founder and chief technology officer of clearAvenue, a systems integration company in Columbia, Maryland.
The recipient of this inaugural award is Natasha Nesiba (’13, ’15), who graduated from NMSU with degrees in Computer Science. Nesiba is a software engineer at Google who already has deep philanthropic roots at NMSU. As a freshman, she arranged to redirect her own scholarship funds into an endowed scholarship to support women pursuing computer science studies.
October 3 – 5, 2019
A New Mexico State University tradition since 1926, Homecoming is a great opportunity for Aggies of all ages to connect with NMSU and show off their Aggie Pride. Starting early in the week, the NMSU Alumni, Presidential Ambassadors and members of the Alumni Association will host various events and gatherings, culminating with the Homecoming football game Saturday.
The 2019 Homecoming celebrations will take place October 3-5 in Las Cruces. Events include:
- All Reunion Homecoming Kickoff Luncheon, with special recognition to the classes of 2009, 1999, 1994, 1989, 1979, 1969 and 1959;
- Homecoming Parade;
- Alumni & Friends Homecoming Tailgate;
- Celebration of Traditions Memorial Ceremony;
- Golden Aggies Luncheon;
- Distinguished Alumni Awards Dinner;
- And, the Young Alumni Happy Hour (Classes of 2009-2019).