At The College of Arts and Sciences, we welcome the most ambitious and brightest students from around the world to learn (and to possibly, teach) in our college! Thank you for your inquiries about our graduate schools. The graduate programs of NMSU’s Arts and Sciences College are made up of many students continuing their education beyond the baccalaureate level. We offer a wide variety of programs for students pursuing masters and doctorate degrees in their fields of study. The accomplishments of our college and university have been nationally and internationally recognized through a variety of different sources: the National Science Foundation, Forbes Magazine, the Carnegie Foundation, and the U.S. News and World Report. Becoming a graduate student here in the Arts and Sciences College at NMSU means being part of a legacy that dedicates itself to academic excellence, community enrichment, and personal empowerment!
Funding Graduate School
- Diversity Graduate Assistantships
- McNair Graduate Assistantships
- Outstanding Graduate Assistantship Award
- Preparing Future Faculty Graduate Assistantship Award
- Graduate Assistant Tuition Fellowships
- The Mike Watts Outstanding Leadership Graduate Fellowship
- Merit Based Enhancement Fellowship
Federal Financial Aid
NMHED Graduate Scholarship Programs
For more information in regards to the NMHED graduate student scholarships, visit their official site.
For more information in regards to the TEACH Grant, visit their official site provided by the U.S. Department of Education.
Western Regional Graduate Program
The Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) allows master’s, graduate certificate, and Ph.D. students who are residents of the WICHE member states to enroll in some 450 high-quality programs at 61 participating institutions outside of their home state and pay resident tuition.
Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) for WICHE state members:
• Biology (MS, PhD)
• Bioinformatics (MS) Contact the Graduate School
• MA Communication Studies – Communication Studies
• Masters of Criminal Justice
• Cultural Resources Management (GRAD CERT) – Anthropology
• Master in Financial Mathematics – Mathematical Sciences
• Master of Applied Geography (MAG) – Geography
• Master of Public Administration (MPA) – Government
• Psychology (MA, PhD) – Psychology
• Sociology (MA) – Sociology
• Public History MA History – – History
• Space Physics MA and PhD – Physics
• MA Spanish (online) – Languages and Linguistics
• PhD in Rhetoric and Professional Communication – English
For more information regarding the WGRP, please visit their official site.
ASNMSU Travel Grant
For more information in regards to the Travel Grant, visit this website.
Establishing New Mexico Residency
International Graduate Students
For more information in applying and registering yourself as an international student here at the College of Arts and Science, visit our Office of International Student and Scholar Affairs website.
Academic Programs and Departments
Graduate Degrees Offered: Master of Arts (Emphasis in: Rhetoric & Professional Communication, Creative Writing, English Studies for Teachers, and Literature), Master of Fine Arts (Creative Writing), Doctor of Philosophy (Rhetoric & Professional Communication).
Graduate Program Catalog Guide Entry: Master of Arts, Master of Fine Arts, Doctor of Philosophy.
Department Website: English Department.
Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
Graduate Degrees Offered: Master of Arts
Graduate Program Catalog Guide Entry: Master of Arts (Dual Graduate Degree Programs: MPA/Criminal Justice and MPA/Public History).
Department Website: Government Department.